Zan’s Minimap Mod is actually two mods wrapped up into one. With the success of Mr Messiah’s minimap mod I was surprised no one else had attempted anything similar, then lo and behold out comes this tremendous effort from Zaneris. This Mod really will give Simple Map a run for its money. Once you start Minecraft the first time, it can be quite overwhelming, as the created world is just so huge and everything is new. Here Zan’s Minimap Mod is very handy. It will show a big chunk of the area you are at the moment in a small window on the top right of your screen. This way you can see where to go.
With the new “Old North” toggle (bring up the menu with M) you can choose to have the map display North to match how the sun moves in Minecraft Final (default), or to match how the sun used to move back in Beta (if you have old maps, and don’t like how everything turned 90 degrees).
Zan’s Minimap is a rather famous minimap mod created by Zan. When he stopped maintaining it, he handed it over to Lahwran. Lahwran has stopped maintaining his mods as well and now he give permission to MamiyaOtaru for continue this mod.
Zan’s Minimap Mod 1.7.4/1.7.2/1.6.4 Installation
- Back up your minecraft before download any mod
- Download and install Modloader or Minecraft Forge
- Download the Zan’s Minimap Mod
- in minecraft.jar, delete META-INF folder
- put contents of putInMinecraft.jar folder into minecraft.jar
- do not put the folder into the jar, just its contents
- Play and Enjoy!
Zan’s Minimap Mod 1.7.4/1.7.2/1.6.4 Download Link
For MC 1.7.4 : Zan’s Minimap 1.7.4
For MC 1.7.2 : Zan’s Minimap 1.7.2
For MC 1.6.4 : zanMap164b.zip
Modloader/Forge version : http://www.mediafire.com/download/fctjzgq71e8lr9d/ZansMinimap1.6.4.zip
For MC 1.5.1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?yrfhays8d5yd24m – [Alternate]
For MC 1.5 : http://www.mediafire.com/?dp5v0uq38u3tqyg (Normal Version)
For MC 1.4.7: [Download] – [Modloader/Forge version]
For MC 1.4.6: [Download] – [Modloader/Forge version]
For MC 1.4.5: [Download] – [Modloader version]
- Updated to Minecraft 1.6.4
- waypoint signs now disappear when GUI is hidden (f1). Better handling of when to display the map (more consistent with the rest of the GUI)
- added language: Norwegian – Nynorsk, by tynnoel99
- updates to language support for French, Norwegian – BokmÃ¥l, Brazilian Portuguese and Latin American Spanish
Credits to MamiyaOtaru for makes and updates Zan’s Minimap Mod.
Category: Minecraft Mods