The Lord of the Rings Mod is a huge expansion planned for Minecraft that will aim to add the world of Middle-earth into the game. This will include content from J.R.R.Tolkien’s most famous work, the Lord of the Rings, and from other related tales such as the Hobbit and the Silmarillion.
Currently the mod is still in relatively early stages of development, but new features are always being added, and at the start of every month we publish an updated beta with more and more content as the full release approaches.
A few of the main features planned for the mod are:
- A new Middle-earth dimension, with multiple new biomes and terrain features
- Hundreds of new blocks, ores, tools, foods and items
- Characters and races from the Lord of the Rings series
- An alignment system where you can play on the side of good or evil
- Gameplay features dependent on the player’s alignment
- Many quests ranging from small tasks to epic adventures
- Seamless multiplayer integration right from the start
The Lord of The Rings Mod Installation
- Download the correct version installer of Minecraft Forge
- Install it into the minecraft.jar
- Delete META-INF from minecraft.jar (unless installing on server)
- Download The Lord of The Rings Mod Files from link below
- Place the mod zip file into the mods folder (if there isn’t a mods folder, start Minecraft with Forge installed and it will appear)
- Enjoy the mod!
The Lord of The Rings Mod Download Link
For MC 1.7.2 : The Lord of The Rings Mod 1.7.2
For MC 1.6.4 : 1.6.4_The_Lord_of_the_Rings_Mod_Public_Beta_9.2.zip
For MC 1.6.2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?sia8za8oavoc45v
For MC 1.5.2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?won3tywkkul6oju
For MC 1.5.1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?jh493e7s26hgk9a
- Updated for Minecraft 1.7.2
Credit to Mevans.
Category: Minecraft Mods