Thaumcraft Mod is all about drawing magic from physical perform miracles and the mod allows you to turn raw matter in vis, which can then be used to power magical symbols, enchan items or even turn back into different, slightly tastier kinds of matter.
This mod adds magic to the world of minecraft. This magic has both positive and negative Auras. The positive Aura is called “vis”, while the negative Aura is called ‘Taint’, and every piece of matter in Thaumcraft has a balance of these two Auras.
“Thaumaturgy… which giveth certain order to make strange works, of the sense to be perceived and of men greatly to be wondered at.” Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician to work miracles. A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle worker.
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Wand of the Apprentice crafted as shown here:
Any type of shard can be used in the recipe.
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
- If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as ‘DEFAULT’ otherwise set it to anything else.
- You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to ‘true’ if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won’t be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
- Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine – just wait it out. It shouldn’t take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
- If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven’t visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
Thaumcraft Mod 1.7.4/1.7.2/1.6.4 Installation
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the Thaumcraft Mod
- Place the .zip in your mods folder
- Done and enjoy!
Config File Settings
For the most parts it should be self explanatory with one exception: Adding TC3 worldgen to existing worlds. See below for that.
Thaumcraft Mod 1.7.4/1.7.2/1.6.4 Download Link
For MC 1.7.4 : Thaumcraft 1.7.4
For MC 1.7.2 : Thaumcraft 1.7.2
For MC 1.6.4 : Thaumcraft 1.6.4
For MC 1.5.2 : http://adf.ly/OvB6i
- Updated and compatible with minecraft 1.6.4 and 1.6.2
- Golem visor should no longer cause a crash
- Items like the thaumometer should render properly again (blame Forge for that one)
- New stuff? New stuff!
Credits and big thanks to Azanor.
Category: Minecraft Mods