SimpleGuns Mod is a gun mod, as you could probably have guessed. But, at risk of sounding cliche, this one is different. The problem with other gun mods is that most feel out of place in the world of Minecraft. The rare few that don’t, however, often have other problems.
This mod features 10 guns. Three of them have bayonet-equipped variants and one has a scoped variant, for a total of 14 guns. You can find detailed stats, crafting recipes, etc. by clicking “More Info.” In no particular order, they are:
- Flintlock Pistol
- Musket (bayonet version available)
- Bolt-Action Rifle (bayonet and scoped versions available, cannot use both at once)
- Light Machine Gun (bayonet version available)
- Standard Shotgun
- Double-Barrel Shotgun
There are also throwable bombs (I avoid the term “grenade” because it sounds too modern), which come in four materials and three types. From weakest to strongest, the materials are cloth, clay, iron, and nether. The types are normal (explodes after a certain time), sticky (sticks to blocks and explodes after a certain time), and instant (explodes as soon as it hits a block). Bombs only stack up to 8 and have a 1/2-second cooldown between throws.
Instead of regular crafting recipes, which got hard to remember after a while, guns are crafted with this. See the recipe page for more info on the system.
Gun racks are a block that can be placed on walls. You can then use it to store a single gun. When a gun is stored on the gun rack, it will change from the normal texture to that of the gun.
Keep one of these in your inventory and it will passively double the fire rate of the flintlock pistol, musket, and blunderbuss. They break after 24 shots and are not stackable.
SimpleGuns Mod Installation
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the SimpleGuns Mod, then drag the .zip file (without extracting anything) into the mods folder in .minecraft.
- Run the game and have fun!
- Updated for Minecraft 1.4.6
- Fixed switching items while using a scope not un-zooming
- Fixed guns crashing in SMP… again.
- Added a cheaper but more complex method of producing bullets.
- Improved the model for the gunsmithing workbench.
- NOTE: If you look in the zip file, there is code for a mounted machine gun. This feature is still a work in progress and is only available by hacking.
Credits to nerdboy64.
Category: Minecraft Mods