Sim-U-Kraft Mod is an NPC-based ‘Mod’ for the hit indie game Minecraft. It extends and changes the Single Player / Survival game play a little by adding aspects of ‘Sim city’ and ‘The Sims’ to the regular Minecraft game play. A Minecraft ‘Mod’ (Modification) is added/altered coding to Minecraft’s original coding. Sim-U-Kraft was made by Scott ‘Satscape’ Hather and introduced to the public on January 2, 2012. It is still in Beta at this time.
What is Sim-U-Kraft?
It extends and changes the Single player game-play by adding aspects of ‘Sim city’ and ‘The Sims’ to the game. As the player, you’ll employ “Sim-U-Folks” (NPCs) to do the following: Builder, Lumberjack, Miner, Wheat,Pumpkin,Melon,Potato,Carrot Farmers, Baker, Soldier, Shepherd, Grocer, Courier, Builder’s merchant, Butcher, Pig farmer, Cattle farmer, Chicken farmer, Terraformer, Glass maker…more added with each update!
Start a new game or an existing map and “Sim-U-Folks” will wander into town. As you start off with only 10.00 Sim-U-Credits, the first thing would be to employ a Sim-U-Folk to build a house, they will then move in and start paying you rent each day. You can then use this money to employ more Sim-U-Folks to build up a huge city.
You’ll need materials to build your city, so mark out an area with Sim-U-Marker posts, place a mining-box down and employ a miner to dig up tons of materials. You may also need to employ a lumberjack too for the wood-based buildings.
All this building, lumber-jacking and mining makes the Sim-u-folks hungry, so employ a farmer and baker to make bread for their hungry mouths or they’ll starve to death!
If playing in non-peaceful mode, you wouldn’t want a creaper to blow up your folk’s houses, so build a barracks and train up a few soldiers to patrol the town to slay those creapers.
The Sim-U-Folks may like each other so much, they’ll move in together, and (in a later version) have a few kiddies too.
So if you want a little help in single player building a small town, or want to make a huge thriving metropolis, Sim-U-Kraft is here to help you.
Sim-U-Kraft Mod 1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2 Installation
This mod requires Minecraft Forge
Installing The Mod
Sim-U-Kraft is one of the easy Mods to install. There is no need to alter the Minecraft.jar file or delete any files from the Minecraft folders. It is simply a ‘cut and paste’ installation. You should still have the Simukraft folder open where you just downloaded and unzipped the zip file. Leave it open and navigate to your Minecraft folders by following the simple steps below.
- Click “Start” in the bottom left corner of your toolbar.
- Click “Run…”. (If “Run…” is not in your Start Menu, see the special note below.)
- Type %appdata% and press “Enter” (or click “OK”.)
- Double-Click the “.minecraft” folder.
- Double-Click the “mods” folder.
Open a finder window.
Press Shift-Command-G and in the box provided, paste this: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods/
Now, go back to the Sim-U-Kraft window that has the unzipped files. Press and hold the “Ctrl” key and push the “A” key. This selects both items. Next, right-click on one of them and choose “Cut”. Go back to the .minecraft > mods folder. Right-click inside the folder window and choose “Paste”.
Copy the file you downloaded into this window and double click it to unpack it. Now delete the original file you downloaded, so you’re left with one zip file and one folder called ‘Simukraft’.
Windows & Mac:
Once the file and folder are moved, close all open windows. Start Minecraft to see if Sim-U-Kraft works. You can start a new world or open an existing one. Either way, if you installed the files correctly, you will hear a female voice say, “Welcome to Sim-U-Kraft.” You will also see words in the upper-left corner of the screen that shows the map name, population, and how many credits you have. (You begin with 10.00 credits.)
Sim-U-Kraft Mod 1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2 Download Link
For MC 1.6.4 : Sim-U-Kraft-0.12.0_for_MC1.6.4.zip
For MC 1.6.2 : Sim-U-Kraft-0.11.0_for_MC1.6.2.zip
For MC 1.5.2 : Sim-U-Kraft-0.10.3+for+MC1.5.2.zip
For MC 1.5.1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?d9dpdj9klacraba
For MC 1.5 : http://www.mediafire.com/?853ccbcfwf75ckq
For MC 1.4.7: http://www.mediafire.com/?7ise8jr9e7q7ajs
For MC 1.4.6: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ngboc49tq4zwkd
For MC 1.4.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?ahpetak990e3apa
- Fixed: Fixed lots of things that Minecraft 1.6.2 broke and recompiled for Forge 184.108.40.2064
- Fixed: To change worlds, you had to restart minecraft, otherwise folks would get mixed between worlds and lots of bad things happened, you can now switch worlds/start a new world in the normal way, no Minecraft restart required.
- Changed: the “Rainbow lightbox” has a new (and I think better) texture.
- Added: Folks now develop relationships with each other which can develop into moving in/marriage and (next update) children… or they can fall out and hate each other.
- Changed: Right clicking a folk now looks different/better. It shows their details and skills more clearly and also lets you see the relationships with each other.
- Fixed: In Hardcore mode, some buildings had problems with Wooden slabs and Stone slabs (Bank and Grocery). This should now be resolved.
- Fixed?: Various graphical/texture glitches seem to have been fixed (by Mojang), the captions on the marker posts and “floaty caption” on the building constructor no longer show glitches and odd textures…thanks Mojang!
Credits and big thanks to Satscape.
Category: Minecraft Mods