Seasons Mod is originally by Nandonalt, is now updated! This mod adds the four seasons to Minecraft; Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter!
- Season length is 7 Days long (default)
- Creating/Loading a world without a season will make the world start in the middle of a random season.
- Restart Minecraft when switching from SSP to SMP.
- An image will be shown when transitioning from season to season, and will disappear after a few seconds.
Tall grass and plants (even custom plants, if added to the config) will grow on grass blocks affected by direct sunlight.
In Summer, all rains will be thunderstorms. Instead of snowing, it will only rain in snowy biomes, but they won’t defrost. Wheat will also grow 1.5x faster than in any other season, as if absorbing all that yummy heat. When in a desert biome, exposed to the sun, and not wearing protection (leather), you’ll get hurt every so often from dehydration and burns. Summer rain will destroy most of the plants generated from Spring. Just like the Spring, it will defrost the ice/snow generated from Winter in non-snowy biomes. Finally, days are longer and nights are shorter(disabled).
Grass and Leaves have a modified color. Red and yellow flower textures change to accompany the color of the grass in Autumn. You’ll also get bonus wheat while harvesting.
It’s always snowing in Winter, except in the Desert. In already cold biomes such as Tundras, Taigas, and Ice Deserts, the temperature drops even further, and can cause frostbite and slow you down, unless you have on protection (full leather armor). Lastly, days are shorter and nights are longer(disabled).
Find and read more information about Seasons Mod HERE.
Seasons Mod 1.6.4/1.5.2/1.5.1 Installation
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge
- Download and Install Liteloader
- Download Seasons Mod
- Then drag and drop the contents of the .zip file into your minecraft.jar.
- Done and Enjoy!
Alternatively, rename the zip folder to a jar file and put it in your mods folder.
Do not put the mod in your mods folder as a zip.
If this is not done correctly, the mod should alert you with a crash report.
Seasons Mod 1.6.4/1.5.2/1.5.1 Download Link
For MC 1.6.4 : Seasons_Mod_v1.11.0_1.zip
- port to 1.6.4
- Fixed crashes
- Removed a base edit, as changes were included in Forge or Minecraft itself
- Added code annotations for WPML 0.2
Credits and big thanks to The_WeatherPony.
Category: Minecraft Mods