OptiFine Mod is Combination of the Opti-fog Mod and the Opti-Mine mod. OptiFine HD FPS Boost brings together two very awesome performance mods for Minecraft. Users who have installed this mod have experience almost 3 times the FPS (Frames per second) and even the default graphical settings of Minecraft experience a smoother and cleaner upgrade.
This mod adds support for HD textures and a lot of options for better looks and performance. Doubling the FPS is common. Get the Magic Launcher for easy mod installation, compatibility checking and more.
- FPS boost
- doubling the FPS is common
- decreases lag spikes and smooths gameplay
- Support for HD Textures
- HD textures and HD fonts (MCPatcher not needed)
- custom terrain and item textures
- animated terrain and item textures
- custom HD Font character widths
- custom colors
- custom block color palettes
- custom lighting
- unlimited texture size
- Variable Render Distance
- from Tiny to Extreme (2 x Far) in 16m steps
- sun, moon and stars are visible in Tiny and Short distance
- Configurable Smooth Lighting
- from 1% – smooth lighting without shadows
- to 100% – smooth lighting with full shadows
- Performance: VSync
Synchronizes framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay
- Smart Advanced OpenGL
- more efficient, less artifacts
- Fast – faster, some artifacts still visible
- Fancy – slower, avoids visual artifacts
- Fog control
- Fog: Fancy, Fast, OFF
- Fog start: Near, Far
- Visual effect which makes distant objects look better by smoothing the texture details
- Mipmap level – OFF, 1, 2, 3, Max
- Mipmap type – Nearest, Linear
- Anisotropic Filtering
- Restores details in mipmapped textures
- AF level – OFF, 2, 4, 8, 16 (depends on hardware support)
- Smooths jagged lines and sharp color transitions
- AA level – OFF, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 (depends on hardware support)
- Better Grass
Fixes grass blocks side texture to match surrounding grass terrain
- Better Snow
Fixes transparent blocks textures to match surrounding snow terrain
- Clear Water
Clear, transparent water with good visibility underwater
- Random Mobs
Use random mob textures if available in the texture pack
- Connected Textures
Connects textures for glass, glass panes, sandstone and bookshelf blocks which are next to each other.
- Natural Textures
Removes the gridlike pattern created by repeating blocks of the same type. Uses rotated and flipped variants of the base block texture.
- FPS control
- Smooth FPS – stabilizes FPS by flushing the graphics driver buffers (examples)
- Smooth Input – fixes stuck keys, slow input and sound lag by setting correct thread priorities
- Chunk Loading Control
- Load Far – loads the world chunks at distance Far, allows fast render distance switching
- Preloaded Chunks – defines an area in which no new chunks will be loaded
- Chunk Updates per Frame – allows for faster world loading
- Dynamic Updates – loads more chunks per frame when the player is standing still
- Configurable Details
- Clouds – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Cloud Height – from 0% to 100%
- Trees – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Grass – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Water – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Rain and Snow – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Sky – ON, OFF
- Stars – ON, OFF
- Sun & Moon – ON, OFF
- Depth Fog – ON, OFF
- Weather – ON, OFF
- Swamp Colors – ON, OFF
- Smooth Biomes – ON, OFF
- Custom Fonts – ON, OFF
- Custom Colors – ON, OFF
- Show Capes – ON, OFF (supports HD capes)
- Configurable animations
- Water Animated – OFF, Dynamic, ON
- Lava Animated – OFF, Dynamic, ON
- Fire Animated – OFF, ON
- Portal Animated – OFF, ON
- Redstone Animated – OFF, ON
- Explosion Animated – OFF, ON
- Flame Animated – OFF, ON
- Smoke Animated – OFF, ON
- Void Particles – OFF, ON
- Water Particles – OFF, ON
- Rain Splash – OFF, ON
- Portal Particles – OFF, ON
- Dripping Water/Lava – OFF, ON
- Terrain Animated – OFF, ON
- Items Animated – OFF, ON
- Fast Texturepack Switching
Switch the current Texturepack without leaving the world
- Fullscreen Resolution
Configurable fullscreen resolution
- Fast Debug Info – removes lagometer from debug screen
- Debug Profiler – removes profiler from debug screen
- Time Control
Default, Day Only or Night Only – works in only in Creative mode
- Configurable Autosave interval
- A fix for the famous Lag Spike of Death
OptiFine Mod Installation
- Download and start the Magic Launcher [for Mac]
- Click Setup, click Add, select the downloaded zip file
- Click OK, login and play Minecraft
- Locate your minecraft.jar file. On Windows, it’s in %APPDATA%/.minecraft/bin
- Create a backup of minecraft.jar
- Open minecraft.jar in an archive editor (WinRar/7-Zip/etc)
- Delete the META-INF folder.
- Copy (drag and drop) the .class files from the downloaded zip file into the jar file, replacing previous files.
- Run Minecraft and test!
- Locate your minecraft.jar file. On Mac, it’s in /Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin
- Create a backup of minecraft.jar
- rename minecraft.jar to minecraft.zip and double-click it to extract the contents
- rename the resulting folder to minecraft.jar and open it
- copy the .class files from the downloaded zip into the minecraft.jar folder, replacing previous files
- Run Minecraft and test!
For MC 1.5.2 : http://optifine.net/downloads.php
OftiFine 1.5.2 HD D2 : http://adf.ly/404181/optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.5.2_HD_D2.zip
OptiFine 1.5.2 HD U D2 : http://adf.ly/404181/optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.5.2_HD_U_D2.zip
OptiFine 1.5.2 HD L D2 : http://adf.ly/404181/optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.5.2_L_D2.zip
For MC 1.5.1 (HD_B3) : http://optifine.net/downloads.php
OptiFine 1.5.1 HD_B3 : http://adf.ly/404181/optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.5.1_HD_B3.zip
OptiFine 1.5.1 HD_Ultra_B3 : http://adf.ly/404181/optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.5.1_HD_U_B3.zip
OptiFine 1.5.1 HD_C1 : http://adf.ly/404181/optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.5.1_HD_U_C1.zip
For MC 1.5.1 (HD_B) :
OptiFine 1.5.1 HD_B1 : http://optifine.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.5.1_HD_B1.zip
OptiFine 1.5.1 HD_Ultra_B2 : http://optifine.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.5.1_HD_U_B2.zip
OptiFine 1.5.1 HD_Light_B1 : http://optifine.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.5.1_L_B1.zip
For MC 1.5 (HD A5 U) : http://adf.ly/…..OptiFine_1.5.0_HD_U_A5.zip
For 1.4.7/14.6 :
Compatibility with other mods
When installing OptiFine together with other mods always make sure to install OptiFine last. The only exception are mods which are designed to be installed after OptiFine and say so in their install instructions.
- If you need ModLoader: Install OptiFine AFTER ModLoader.
- If you need Forge: Install OptiFine AFTER Forge.
- MCPatcher is NOT needed for HD textures, HD fonts and BetterGrass, they are included in OptiFine.
- Install OptiFine without MCPatcher HD features for best performance.
- If you absolutely want MCPatcher:: For HD Textures or RandomMobs install OptiFine without the “avf.class” (mipmaps and fog distance will not be active). For HD fonts install without the “aov.class”. For BetterGrass install without “avg.class” (a lot of features will not be active).
- If you need DynamicLights (ModLoader edition): Install OptiFine AFTER DynamicLights.
- Compatible with: ModLoader, Forge, SinglePlayerCommands, TooManyItems, PlasticCraft, CJB’s Modpack, Zan’s Minimap, Rei’s
- Minimap, DynamicLights, GLSL Shaders 2, LittleBlocks and many other.
- Not compatible with: CCTV, The Aether.
Credits to Sp614x for makes and updates this awesome OptiFine Mod.
Category: Minecraft Mods