Mystcraft Mod is a mod for minecraft which focuses on adding multidimensional travel mechanics to worlds with player specified properties. This mod inspired from the Myst series of games, from which it also draws its name, and adds the linking mechanics and world creation abilities of the books in that universe.
- Descriptive Books (Age Books) are crafted using a book and a feather (no shape). The resultant item can be used like a bow. Once the book is ‘fully drawn’ it can be released. The user will then drop the book on the ground (as an entity which can be picked up) and travel to the new Age. Note that this is a one way trip. Without a Linking Book it will be impossible to return.
Descriptive Books are assigned a unique identifier when crafted that correlates to the dimension id they link to.
- Linking Books are crafted simply with a book. A Linking Book remembers the current location, direction, and Age (dimension) of the creator allowing travel to that place. This book can be used the same way as an Descriptive Book and will follow the same mechanics (drops to the ground as player travels). Also a one way trip by itself.
It is possible to make linking books to The Nether and The End.
- Book Entities: The books that fall to the ground can be picked up by right clicking them. They will be placed in the player’s inventory and can be used as normal. If a book is left on the ground it will slowly decay (the book flashes as it takes damage). It is also possible to burn or otherwise damage books in this state.
- Linkbook Stands allow you to place a book on them and use the book from the stand without having to pick the book back up. Right-clicking an empty stand with a book in your hand places the book. Right-clicking a stand that already has a book causes you to travel instantly. Breaking the stand causes it to drop the book. There is floating text above books in the world and text in the item tooltip which display the name of the Age to which the book links.
- Writing Desks allow you to view the symbols in a Descriptive Book and rename books. If a Descriptive Book is renamed then the Age is renamed and all subsequent Linking Books made in that age will default to the new name (any previously made ones keep their identifiers). Desks now allow for actual writing mechanics (selecting symbols for Ages; See below). In the future they will also allow changing the symbols that describe an age.
Crafting Recipe: I F,PPP,P P; I=ink,F=feather,P=planks
- Notebook: The only book entity added so far that doesn’t do something magical. Used to track the symbols you have learned. They have a special slot on the writing desk and will automatically store the symbols from any descriptive book placed in the desk at the same time. It is impossible to actually ‘write’ an age without one, though the only way to add symbols is to learn them by randomly generating ages (using underspecified books).
Crafting Recipe: A full grid of paper.
- Ages are other worlds. The mechanics of the Age are determined by the Symbols written into its Descriptive Book (symbols may be added on linking if there are not enough or logic is missing). Some possible world types are Sky Islands and Flat Worlds. The randomly generated Ages are single biome worlds and may include unusual or special features.
- Star Fissures are natural links to the Overworld. Star Fissures generate near the Age spawn.
- Decay Blocks spawn in unstable Ages and slowly eat the age. They spread horizontally and eat downward, causing blocks above them to cascade downward.
The Age will automatically select symbols to fill in logic it is missing. Doing so adds a small amount of instability to the Age.
The Age will also sometimes add some extra stuff. This won’t cause instability (unless the symbol inherently adds instability, like the Heavy Resources symbol).
If symbols control the same critical logic (two terrain generator symbols, for example) then the second will be used and a large amount of instability will be added.
If too many biomes are specified (for the biome controller) then a large amount of instability is added (per extra) and the extras are ignored.
The new crystal blocks can be arranged into portals. A book receptacle can be made from 8 crystal blocks in a crafting grid (outer edges) and placed against the crystal portal frame. Putting a book into the receptacle causes a portal to form that links as if the book. All entities that can collide with blocks will link in this way.
Mystcraft Mod 1.7.4/1.7.2/1.6.4 Installation
- This mod requires Minecraft Forge 474 or later
- Go the the .minecraft folder and create a new folder called mods.
- Place the downloaded Mystcraft zip file inside the mods folder.
- Place minecraft_server.jar in a new folder.
- Place the downloaded forge jar in the same folder. If you downloaded a zip rename it to a .jar.
- Create a folder called mods and place the downloaded Mystcraft Mod zip inside.
- Launch the Forge jar.
Mystcraft Mod 1.7.4/1.7.2/1.6.4 Download Link
For MC 1.7.4 : Mystcraft 1.7.4
For MC 1.7.2 : Mystcraft 1.7.2
For MC 1.6.4 : Mystcraft 1.6.4
For MC 1.6.2 : mystcraft-uni-1.6.2-0.10.6.00.zip
For MC 1.5.2 : mystcraft-uni-1.5.2-0.10.4.00.zip
- Update for Minecraft 1.6.4
Credits to XCompWiz.
Category: Minecraft Mods