Minecraft 1.6 Jar now has been released and ready to play. This release is dubbed the “Horse Update”, but has a lot of other features, too. Also note, as already stated on this blog a couple of times, this update requires a new launcher.
- Added Horses
- Added Donkeys, Mules
- Added Horse Armor
- Added Leads
- Added Carpets
- Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
- Added Block of Coal
- Added Name Tags (item)
- Added Hay Bales
- Texture packs are now “resource packs” that also can hold sound etc
- Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter
- Removed Herobrine
Minecraft 1.6 Jar Installation
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
Minecraft 1.6 Jar Download Link
Windows : https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/Minecraft.exe
Mac/OSX : https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/Minecraft.dmg
Linux/Other : https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/Minecraft.jar
If you don’t have more mods for minecraft 1.6 and want to play your minecraft with version 1.5.2, just downgrade your minecraft to version 1.5.2. If you don’t know how to downgrade your minecraft, you can read and follow the tutorial How to Downgrade Minecraft 1.6 to Minecraft 1.5.2.
Credits to The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams.
Category: Minecraft Updates