Minecraft now has update to version 1.5.2 pre-release. The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams has decided to put out a small bug fix to address some minor issues that players are having in 1.5.1, and you can test it out before it goes live! A full list fo fixes are as follows:
Minecraft 1.5.2 Jar Changelogs
- Jukebox audio volume doesn’t decrease
- SMP: Anvils charge level for nothing when using languages other than English
- Tamed wolves and cats despawn
- Endermen are rendered hostile if they take environmental damage
- Pick-Block and Furnaces
- Achievement “Hot Topic” Uses Faceless Furnace Icon
- Arrows visually float when shot into a block
- Using the anvil for free
- FPS issues when using high-resolution textures
- Minecraft Realms-related fixes
How to Install
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
- I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
- The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.
If you don’t have more mods for minecraft 1.5.2 and want to play your minecraft with version 1.5.1, just downgrade your minecraft to version 1.5.1. If you don’t know how to downgrade your minecraft, you can read and follow the tutorial How to Downgrade Minecraft 1.5.2 to Minecraft 1.5.1.
Category: Minecraft Updates