Mojang finally managed to located and fix the reported performance issues of 1.5, so now it should be at least similar to the performance of 1.4.7. We also fixed a number of bugs (as seen in the snapshot release last week), and a couple more. The 1.5.1 patch notes are a bit simplified, though…
Updates and Changelogs
- Fixed a bunch of bugs
- Improved performance
- Notable: Falling blocks no longer glitch one step
- Notable: White stitching between blocks should be less frequent
- Notable: Crash on Mac OS X on “OpenGL Function Not Supported”
- Notable: Unable to place paintings
- Bug fixes: [Collapse]
- MC-7174 – OSX: Crash on startup (OpenGL “Function is not supported”)
- MC-8824 – FPS Drop due to Smooth Lighting
- MC-11654 – The text of things fall out of the picture
- MC-11839 – Invalid potion effects crash the game.
- MC-11894 – Crash with invalid wool values
How to Install
Step 1 : Go to the start menu (Windows 7/Vista)
Step 2 : Type run and click on the programe “run”
Step 3 : Type %appdata% in the search and press the enter key.
Step 4 : Click on minecraft.
Step 5 : Click on the bin folder and rename your minecraft jar to something else.
Step 6 : Extract the minecraft 1.5.1 jar into your bin and name it minecraft.
Step 7 : Thanks and enjoy Minecraft 1.5.1!
Credits to The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams.
Category: Minecraft Updates