MineChess Mod for Minecraft. This is chess in Minecraft! And this chess isn’t just the ordinary chess, this is MineChess! It’s like the Harry Potter style of chess. The pieces live, and ‘capturing’ a piece is more violent than the capturing you’re used to with chess.
This mod includes special moves like pawn promotion, castling and ‘En Passant’. It also includes AI!
If you’re playing multiplayer, other players nearby the chessboard will get notified of certain moves. These are: movement, checks, checkmates, stalemates, or when you’re surrendering.
When it’s checkmate you’ll see a confirmation in the chat. Twenty seconds later the losing team will start to disappear. Five seconds later your own pieces will start to disappear.
If you want to surrender, you can. Shift right click with your piece mover on your own king. He will ask if you’re sure, and if you are, Shift right click again. The opposite team wins and the pieces disappear
World Generated Structures
You can find chess puzzles in Minecraftia. These are found underground. The spawnrate is configurable in the configs. When you enter the arena you get a chat message containing the task of the puzzle. You need piece movers to move the pieces of your color. The computer will move when it’s his turn. When you solve the puzzle, the computer’s king will transform into a chest. One guarenteed reward is the AI Injector. If you fail, one of the following negative things can happen:
- The computer pieces start to burn. When they normally would clear out (as the puzzle is done), they transform in a mob. Each piece has a specific mob they transform into. The king transforms into a charged creeper. The best approach is to run for your life when you see the pieces burn, as it takes a while before the computer pieces transform.
- You hear a creepy cave sound. It could be coincidence, but more often than not a maximum of 3 creepers have spawned just outside the puzzle arena, of which one is charged.
- You’ll get one to three random negative potion effects.
- The (wool) floor of the area goes in flames.
When you complete a Chess puzzle one of the guarenteed rewards is the AI Injector. This item which only can be aqcuired by this can be used to inject an AI in a chess team. To do this generate a chess board with a Board Generator (already begun games also can be injected), and right click the pieces of the color you want to transform into a computer. The difficulty of the AI can be changed (if you’re a server admin / SSP) by changing the aidepth config option. You can also change the difficulty in-game by using the command “/aidepth ”. The depth is 5 by default, and takes about 30 seconds before it does a move.
MineChess Mod 1.6.4/1.6.2 Installation
- Download and install Minecraft Forge Installer
- Download MineChess Mod for Minecraft
- Put zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it. If you don’t have a mods folder, create one
- Done and enjoy!
MineChess Mod 1.6.4/1.6.2 Download Link
For MC 1.6.4 : http://adf.ly/WvJAu
For MC 1.6.2 : http://adf.ly/UMONZ
- Updated to Minecraft 1.6.4
- Added AI!
- Added the commands “/killpiece” and “/aidepth”.
- Added check for already existing pieces nearby when generating a chessboard (so you can’t generate fields ‘in’ each other anymore).
- Bugfix: Just promoted pawns doesn’t give a check/checkmate when doing so as a Queen.
Credits to MineMaarten.
Category: Minecraft Mods