Material Detector Mod show the surrounding material at your level/height map and indicate (far or not far) a given material with a direction to dig for. The detector shows also the other materials that are in the list (see FAQ for more information) and not only the selected material.
Only the blocks that are 2 blocks deep or 2 blocks above are shown.
This way, while searching for iron, you can easily found coal.
The water and lava is also displayed using this mechanism in order to avoid to dig into lava directly
This mod is compatible with the latest release of Mod loader or with Minecraft Forge (the one corresponding to the latest release of minecraft).
Warning: As it can be used to dig very easily some rare materials, it can be consider as a CHEAT.
New Mod Features Version 2.0:
- New menu to configure the keys directly from the game
- Configuration files moved to .minecraft/config folder (but they don’t need anymore to be edited directly)
- Possibility to configure the material color directly from the menu
- Possibility to set a sub type value to search for a material with an id containing a colon
Detector in horizontal mode: (current material selected is diamond)
In the detector screen, you can see some arrows, it will indicate the way to dig (up or down).
Two arrows mean that the material is more than 10 blocks away.
Detector in vertical mode: (used to display caves before digging straight down)
Material Detector Mod Installation
Installation for Minecraft 1.7.2
- Go to your minecraft versions folder
- Copy the folder 1.7.2 to a folder named 1.7.2Ellian
- Rename the 1.7.2.jar file to 1.7.2Ellian.jar
- Rename the 1.7.2.json file to 1.7.2Ellian.json
- Open the json file
- Change the value of the id information to “1.7.2Ellian”
- Open the Minecraft Launcher
- Create a new profile (you can name it 1.7.2Ellian)
- In the “Use version” drop down, select “1.7.2Ellian”
- In the “Launcher visibility”, select “Keep the launcher open”
- Save the profile
- Click on play
- The game starts
- In the “Develoment console” tab, you should see “Ellian Material Detector Loader”
- Download Modloader or Minecraft Forge
- Download Material Detector Mod
- Go to .minecraft/bin and open minecraft.jar with winrar or 7zip
- Drag the files from the mod folder and drag them to minecraft.jar
- Close minecraft and enjoy!
Material Detector Mod Download Link
For MC 1.7.5 : Material Detector 1.7.5
For MC 1.7.4 : Material Detector 1.7.4
For MC 1.7.2 : Material Detector 1.7.2
For MC 1.6.4 : http://adf.ly/a1y8n
For MC 1.6.2 : http://adf.ly/Wg8g0
For MC 1.5.2 : http://adf.ly/Rv1Zd
Changelogs and Updates:
- - Compatibilty with Minecraft 1.7.5, 1.7.4 and 1.7.2
Credits and big thanks to Ellian.
Category: Minecraft Mods