Lost Books Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2

Lost Books Mod adds a chance for monsters to drop randomly books out of a set of books that anyone can create with ease! Books can even support randomized words for books similar to automatically generated Mad Libs!

Every single book, the drop rates, and some conditions can be customized in a handsome properties file! The properties file is generated in your .minecraft/config directory.

Are you glad that books can finally be written in, but upset that there aren’t any to read? Well, good sir or madam, download Lost Books and get ready for fun – with books!

Lost Books

This mod uses vanilla writable books to add a whole new experience to the game – finding random books, filled with whatever you want. This mod comes packaged with a few stories (I’m hoping to gain more), but there is no limit to the number of books you can have!

The default book drop rate is 3%, with a 50% chance of the book being unique, 25% chance of being common, and a 25% chance of being ad-lib.

Lost Books Mod 1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2 Installation

  1. Delete the META-INF folder in your minecraft.jar.
  2. Download and Install Minecraft Forge
  3. Run Minecraft to generate a ‘mods’ folder or create a new folder in your .minecraft directory called ‘mods’.
  4. Drag the Lost Books Mod‘s zip folder into the ‘mods’ folder.
  5. Run Minecraft! Steal dead people’s books and read them!

Lost Books Mod 1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2 Download Link

For MC 1.6.4/1.6.2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?pavx9d9bzx97oak

For MC 1.5.2 : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?23gm6efi6mu21ow

For MC 1.5.1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?w0j0c3t9udw5365

Changelogs (v1.1):

  • Updated and compatible with Minecraft 1.6.4 and 1.6.2
  • Not really different from the prerelease, just has a couple more books, fixed some typos, etc.

Credit to FatherToast.

Comments

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Category: Minecraft Mods