Invasion Mod gives you the ability to initiate an attack on the location of your choosing. The difficulty steadily ramps up and the mobs are designed to deal with base defenses. The behavior of all invading mobs has been extensively revamped.
Most mobs have new abilities and in this beta stage there are some new mobs and substantially more powerful mobs on the way, geared towards new roles.
- Spawn an invasion until a nexus is overwhelmed(most reliable way to test your base and no down time).
- Leave mobs to spawn around a nexus every couple nights if you want to go off and do other things.
- Set mobs to instead spawn randomly at night, like usual mobs but a potentially lot more of them(customisable).
- Items available, like rechargeable traps, to help defend.
Note: the nexus acts as a beacon and GUI for invasions(that’s why it’s there), but mobs spawning at night don’t yet have any way of organizing themselves around a player or central point.
The area you set up at will certainly take a bit of a beating (a large beating if you are very stubborn and last a long time), but there is no “massive destruction” or silly unfair mechanics that will randomly destroy all your work. This includes the nexus(it does not damage any blocks). Still, you can back up your map if you want.
Invasion Mod 1.6/1.5.2/1.5.1 Installation
This mod’s primary install route is with Minecraft Forge now. You will need a version of Forge installed for your current minecraft version. You don’t need ModLoader or ModLoaderMp. The old instructions for old Invasion versions are in another section if you need those instead.
Client & Server
- There is now one version of the mod and one version of post-4.0 Forge, so these instructions are now for both client and the server .jars in MC 1.3 and 1.4.
- Remember to backup your important worlds regularly. If you need help locating your minecraft.jar and minecraft install folder, check this amazingly clear guide.
- Requirement 1: Minecraft Forge. Install this by extracting it into your minecraft.jar and overwriting (copy the files over).
- Client-Only: Delete meta-inf. This is a special step for only the client. Find your minecraft.jar and delete the META-INF folder inside it.
Installation: All you need to do is put the downloaded Invasion Mod .zip file in the ‘mods’ folder in your minecraft directory for the client, or whatever folder you are running the server from. Now you’re done! If the folder isn’t there, either create it or just run Minecraft once.
Note: There are some commands to help out. An op can use the command ‘/invasion end’ to turn off a nexus if it’s needed. You also can change the nexus range for larger bases with the command ‘/invasion range [x]‘ where x is between 32 and 128. This is number of blocks in distance from the nexus that spawn points will be looked for.
Invasion Mod 1.6/1.5.2/1.5.1 Download Link
- Updated for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Updated to fix some issues.
- Mobs now retaliate against all living creatures
- Fixed a crash from the previous ladder fix
Credits and big thanks to Lieu.
Category: Minecraft Mods