Highlands Mod for Minecraft. This mod was created to make exploring and living in the world of Minecraft more fun. It adds many more mountains and hills than in vanilla Minecraft. It includes many varied environments and sub-biomes that represent features like mountains, lakes, forest clearings, valleys, and islands. It uses no modded blocks in world generation, so worlds created with Highlands can be enjoyed by anyone with Minecraft.
All of the trees’ saplings can be created in survival mode, so you can add a unique touch of greenery to your structures and landscapes, build an epic tree house, or chop down enough wood to last a lifetime. They require a bit of exploring to get, though, you will have to gather different types of wood and venture to the nether for soul sand before you can grow them.
Highlands also makes it more fun to explore underground. Most of biomes added by this mod have increased amounts of certain ores (usually, double normal). This way, you can find a certain biome to mine for diamonds, and another for iron, but you won’t find more of both in the same biome. Try and find out for yourself which biomes have more of which ores!
- Over 40 new biomes
- 14 new trees
- A variety of useful small plants
- Singleplayer and Multiplayer
- Highlands and Highlands Large Biomes World Types
- biome-specific ore generation (some biomes have more ores!)
- All trees can be grown with saplings and bonemeal
- 256 block high Mountains
- More realistic biome placement
- Villages in more biomes
- Better oceans and islands
- Tons of options to customize
- Uses Forge
Biomes and Trees
- High mountains covered in deep snow, with occasional tall pine trees and shrubs. The white-grey sky is always on the brink of a snowstorm.
Read full description HERE.
Highlands Mod Installation
- This Mod requires Minecraft Forge, download and install it
- Download the Highlands Mod zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it
- Highlands will generate a settings file the first time you run Minecraft
- If you are upgrading from an older version, make sure to delete your old HighlandsSettings.txt file first
- Run Minecraft and Enjoy
Highlands Mod Download Link
For MC 1.7.10 : Highlands Mod 1.7.10
For MC 1.7.2 : Highlands Mod 1.7.2
For MC 1.5.1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?yxq914lx3blvd96
For MC 1.4.7 : http://adf.ly/JepLt
Mirror : https://www.dropbox.com/s/haxlpfc2vq3ivvg/Highlands1.2.0-MC1.4.7.zip
- Updated to Minecraft 1.7.10
Credits to sdj64.
Category: Minecraft Mods