Falling Meteors Mod adds meteors to minecraft, meteors fall to the ground and explode, creating meteorite ore and sometimes bringing some extraterrestrial mobs with it. This mod includes many excellent features that make it stand out from the rest of the old Meteor mods. The features of this mod are listed below.
- Meteors fall to the ground and explode, creating Meteorite Ore and sometimes bringing some extraterrestrial mobs with it. Maybe this explains where creepers came from? Be quick and get to those Meteor blocks because once they are cooled, no meteor chips for you.
- Meteorite Tools with Magnetic properties. No need to go grab a block when it comes to you!
- Meteorite Armor also with Magnetic properties.
- Meteor blocks start cooling once they hit the ground, limiting the number of meteor chips you can earn based on how cool it is. They will also burn you if you touch them while they are hot.
- A Meteor Shield Block that protects your land from Meteors crashing down upon it. Make a Meteor Shield even more powerful by adding a red Meteor gem to it.
- Test land to see if it safe with a Meteor Shield Testing torch! (Beware, a torch can only be used once)
- Small, Medium, and Large Meteors.
- Slight hint for you to know where a meteor crashes when it falls.
- Cooled Meteor blocks can also be found while mining. This was added so you could possibly protect your land before a Meteor falls.
- Configuration file for deciding how rare it is for a meteor to crash plus many other properties.
- Summon meteors with a Meteor Summoner crafted from rare Meteor Gems.
Notes for V2.9+
Some IDs have been changed to help further compatibility by default. To reset the IDs back to default in your configuration file, just remove all the BLOCK configuration properties and it will be automatically regenerated to the default IDs. Realize that setting these back to default will cause all blocks related to this mod to disappear in your world, which can indirectly clean up all crash sites, but will also remove your meteor shields. So PAY ATTENTION TO THIS. Mod will still work with the older IDs though.
Falling Meteors Mod Installation
- As with any mod, be sure to first delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft jar.
- Install the Minecraft Forge
- Run Minecraft once
- Put the Falling Meteors Mod zip file in the mods folder located in your .minecraft folder (Do not unzip)
- Run Minecraft and have fun!
Server Installation Instructions:
- Similar to installing in on the client, install the Forge API first into the minecraft-server.jar
- Run the server once
- Then put the zip file into the mods folder
- Then if you wish to edit configuration, run the server once to generate the file in the config folder.
- Once you have everything configured, start the server again and have fun WITH FRIENDS!!
Falling Meteors Mod Download Link
For MC 1.7.10 : Falling Meteors Mod 1.7.10
For MC 1.7.2 : Falling Meteors Mod 1.7.2
For MC 1.4.7: http://adf.ly/HCIOu
For MC 1.4.6: http://adf.ly/GpRYD
For MC 1.4.5: http://adf.ly/Fcokz
- Updated to MC 1.7.10
Credits and big thanks to AlexDGr8r.
Category: Minecraft Mods