Dynamic Lights Mod can adds a few brilliant touches with Minecraft’s lighting system. Exploring caves has never been easier thanks to dynamic lighting mod. When holding a torch, glowstone, etc, it will light up the surrounding area. Similarly, if you throw the lit item it will still light up the area.
This mod modification makes ‘shining’ items (default: Torch, Glowstone, Glowdust, Lit Pumpkin, Redstone, Lava Bucket, powered Minecart) illuminate everything around them if
- the player has them equipped (in hand/armor)
- they are dropped on the ground
- another player has them equipped in Multiplayer
On top of that, burning Entities shine light, and Creepers about to explode light up!
You may add any Item ID you wish as shiny item, via the settings file. Also supports armor items!
Toggle button ingame:
The key is “L”. You can turn all dynamic Lights on/off with it. The button can be rebound using the ingame options.
There is no limit to the number of lights you can create, note however they are fairly FPS-costly. You can disable modules to obtain better FPS!
I recommend using Optifine for replacing Notch’s funky render code with slightly less funky rendering code.
The mod works in Multiplayer, yet is clientside, it cannot lag servers. Note however ‘dropped’ light sources will not necessarily prevent Mobs from Spawning, and neither will your handheld light.
Dynamic Lights now modular!
- BurningEntitiesLightSource -> Living Entities that burst into flames! Multithreaded! *expensive*
- ChargingCreeperLightSource -> Creepers about to explode light up! *cheap*
- DroppedItemsLightSource -> Dropped Items in the world. Also when they’re on fire. Multithreaded! *expensive*
- PlayerSelfLightSource -> Handheld Items and Armor on yourself. Also when you’re on fire. *cheap*
- PlayerOthersLightSource -> Handheld Items and Armor on others. Also when they’re on fire. Multithreaded! *fairly cheap*
To remove modules you dont want or cant afford (your machine is an asthmatic train wreck, or a Mac), simply remove (delete) them from the mod .jar /atomicstryker/dynamiclights/client/modules folder. Yes, the mod will continue to work. If you delete all modules, the mod won’t do anything.
CAUTION: Each has it’s own config! (or none) There is no global config file! You can set an important performance setting (update interval) for each module in their config.
There is a global on/off button which you can find and rebind in the Options “Control” menu. It defaults to “L”.
Dynamic Lights Mod Installation
You will need Minecraft Forge
- Dynamic Lights is now a Minecraft Forge coremod
- That means drag and drop installation! Simply put the .jar found in /setup/coremods/ into your .minecraft/coremods/ folder!
Dynamic Lights Mod Download Link
For MC 1.7.10 : Dynamic Lights Mod 1.7.10
For MC 1.7.2 : http://adf.ly/boN40
Changelogs and Updates:
- Updated to Minecraft 1.7.10
Credits and big thanks to AtomicStryker.
Category: Minecraft Mods