Doggy Talents – A day dogs would not drown! If you install this mod, you can make your beloved canine companions as helpful as they always wanted to be! Not only does this mod eliminate permadeath, allow for skin customization, and improve AI, but you can also train your pets in various talents that will make them not just useful but indispensable.
Now on to the good stuff.
First You will need to tame a Vanilla wolf.
Then right click on the wolf with a training treat. And he will become a dog.
To make sure he is right click on him with s stick and it will come up with the Dogs Gui, where you can rename your dog and add talents to him.
As you see now there are less talents (At the moment more coming soon) that the original mod. You can now rename him and a label will appearer on the dog.
To level up your dog simple right click agian with a training treat. For every level you dog goes up you dog gets 1 point to spend on talents.
Once you dog reachs level 20 you will have to use Super treats then once it reachs level 40 you will have to use Master treats. This will take you dog to level 60. After that you can use Dire treats to up his dire level. Once his dire level reachs level 30 he will get more health and attack strenght and will have ender portal particles around him.
Doggy Talents Mod Installation
For MC 1.6 and up
- Make sure you have the new Minecraft launcher and have run 1.6 at least once.
- Then download a version of Minecraft Forge
- Once you have the jar file of minecraft forge’s website open it up.
- Select the ‘Install client option and click ok’
- Minecraft forge is now installed!
- Now open up the launcher and in the profile selector select ‘Forge’, login and run Forge 1.6.1. (May take a while)
- Close Minecraft once it is open and find you Minecraft installation directory (PC : %appadata%/.minecraft, MAC : I AM UNCERTAIN)
- In the .minecraft folder will now be a mods folder, in that mods folder create a folder named ’1.6.1′ or whatever version of minecraft you are running.
- Download Map Making Tools mod from the link above and drag n’ drop it in the ’1.6.1′ folder.
- Run minecraft throught the new laucnher and enjoy!
- Download the Version for your version of Minecraft and Forge.
- Open that forge download with an archiver.
- Open the minecraft_server.jar file with your archiver (7zip, Winrar).
- Copy the files from inside the forge download into the minecraft_server.jar file.
- Close both archives and run your server once. Exit the game.
- If you have done everything right, you will now have a ‘mods’ folder in the same folder where you run minecraft_server.jar.
Doggy Talents Mod Download Link
For MC 1.7.10 : Doggy Talents 1.7.10
For MC 1.7.2 : Doggy Talents 1.7.2
For MC 1.6.4 : http://adfoc.us/14766133599210
For MC 1.6.2 : http://adfoc.us/14766125325574
For MC 1.5.2/1.5.1 : http://adfoc.us/9682920144501
- Updated to Minecraft 1.7.10
Credits to ProPercivalalb and RaustBlackDragon.
Category: Minecraft Mods