Custom NPC’s Mod allows you to add NPCs to your world and is mostly aimed at adventure map makers and people who just want to liven up their world. This mod adds a set of tools to create npcs with different roles/jobs and other functions. It gives Creative Players a way to liven up their world with fully Customizable NPCs.
Things you might want to know
- Before updating to a new version always backup your world
- When closing minecraft be sure to save your world before exiting (esc -> Save and Quit). If you dont your latest changes might not be saved properly
- You can add skins to the .minecraft/customnpcs/mob folder or create a zip with a mob folder and put your skins in there and put it in the .minecraft/customnpcs/packs folder
- You can make npcs shoot things by putting an item in the shoot slot in the inventory. You will need to increase his attack range to a shooting range: 10 is default for skeletons, 2 is melee range.
- Bigger Npcs need a larger attack range else they might only walk into players.
- Cloned npcs are saved in the .minecraft/customnpcs/clones.dat, you can share them with others as long as they are on the same version as you
- You can equip blocks as helmets
- Right click the ground, with the npc wand, to spawn an npc
- Right click an npc, with the npc wand, to edit it
- Right click into the air to get nearby npcs and to freeze all npcs
- Right click an npc while holding the Npc Cloner to bring up the Cloning Save Menu
- Click a slot to store the npc
- Right click the ground to bring up the Cloning Load Menu
- Click on the slot, in which you stored your npc, to spawn a copy of it.
- Makes it easier to spawn all the mobs (Even modded ones)
- Can also make mobspawners of the mobs
- It will turn on when you get into the on range
- It will turn off if you go out of the off range
- To edit the settings you rightclick it with the npc wand
- Can be setup to only turn on if you havent done a certain quest or read a certain dialog. (basically the same as unlocking/locking dialogs)
The other items are mostly just for dressing up your npc or for quests. Some of them actually work for players, but I didnt want to put too much time in them so most of them are pretty simple. Watch the video for most of the items.
Dagger, Spear, BattleAxe, Mace, Glaive, Scythe and Trident
For the most part are exactly like swords. They are enchantable. The bronze variant does the same amount of damage as the iron one, but is less durable. The emerald does a half heart more damage than the diamond one, but is less durable.
Guns and bullets
You hold the right mouse button to pull the trigger, when you hear click you can release it to shoot. Your gun type depends how far you can shoot. Guns can shoot their ammo and all the ammo of lesser quality wood and black bullets are the same. So an wooden gun can shoot black and wood bullits, a stone gun can shoot stone,wood and black etc.
The base damage for guns are 2,5 hearts. The damage added to that is (gun material + bullet material) / 2. So a wood gun with wood bullets does 2,5 damage, a stone gun with wood bullits does 2,5 damage an stone gun with stone bullets does 3 damage. Wood = 0, Stone = 0.5, Gold = 0.5, Bronze&Iron = 1, Diamond = 1.5, Emerald = 2
Holding right click will shoot 8 black bullets in rapid succesion. After shooting 8 bullits you need to hold right click again to reload, before you can shoot again. Every bullit hit does 2 hearts of damage.
(Elemental) Staffs and mana
The different types of staffs have different ‘casting’ time the elemental and iron staffs are basically the same. Holding the right mouse button will start charging. If you have mana in your inventory it will create a ‘magical’ projectile. The moment you release the right mouse button it will launch it.
The base damage for the projectiles is 3 + random 0-2 + Material type damage.
Normal shields and round shields are the same. Heater, Tower, Cryscent and Scutum are the same as iron. Holding right mouse button while holding a shield will make the shield absorb all the damage.
Custom NPC’s Mod 1.6.2/1.5.2/1.5.1 Installation
- Locate your .minecraft folder
- Run minecraft (don’t login)
- Press options
- Click the link to Game location on disk
- Download Forge-Universal
- Open .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar with winrar(or something similar)
- Extract all files from forge-universal.zip into the minecraft.jar
- Delete the META-INF in the minecraft.jar
- Run minecraft and login to test if it is working so far
- A folder .minecraft/mods should have been create when you ran it
- Download Custom NPCs and place the zip in the .minecraft/mods folder (Don’t unzip it)
- You now have installed the Custom Npcs Mod
- Download the minecraft_server.jar from minecraft.net
- Download Forge-Universal
- Place the minecraft_server.jar in a folder and open it with winrar(or something similar)
- Extract all files from forge-universal.zip into the minecraft_server.jar
- Do NOT delete the META-INF in the minecraft_server.jar NOT
- Run the minecraft_server.jar to check if you installed it correctly
- A folder named mods should now have been created in your server folder
- Download Custom NPCs and place the zip in the mods folder (Don’t unzip it)
- You now have installed the Custom Npcs Mod for your server
- Remember people joining need to have customnpcs installed.
Custom NPC’s Mod 1.6.2/1.5.2/1.5.1 Download Link
For MC 1.5.1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?b6jzws3vkgd2fyq
For MC 1.5 : http://goo.gl/x2Bzg
Mirror : http://adf.ly/77TtM
For MC 1.4.7/1.4.6: http://adf.ly/77TtM – [Mirror]
For MC 1.4.5: http://adf.ly/I3GMm
- Update to Minecraft 1.6.2.
- Bug fixes
Credits and big thanks to Noppes.
Category: Minecraft Mods