Big Trees Mod adds several large tree types using vanilla blocktypes. The purpose of the mod is to create immersive forest environments, inspired by forests they haven been to, yet modeled to suit the Minecraft universe. This mod mostly altering the tree generator to make the trees much bigger.
- Adds several large tree types using vanilla blocktypes.
- Sections of the forest biome are populated by either wide trees or tall narrow trees.
- Wide trees: Great Oak, Thick Pine, and Block Oak.
- Tall trees: Post Oak
- Parts of the forest biome still predominately feature the normal small trees.
- The small swamp trees are accompanied by big trees.
- Great Swamp Oak, Cyprus, and Hat Trees.
- There are big dead trees in the desert.
- There are large pines in some regions of the taiga.
- Vanilla birch and pine trees are taller.
- Huge jungle trees have more, longer branches.
- Roots! They sometimes find their way into near-surface caves or off of cliff edges.
- There’s a configuration file now. (kbigtrees.txt)
- Planting saplings and placing wood blocks controls the type of tree that grows. (See Tree Growth Guide below.)
1.1b: Added Cyprus and Hat trees to the swamp biome:
1.1b: The swamp at sunrise.
1.1b: A “Hat” tree. You can often climb all the way up them without destroying or placing a single block.
Big Trees Mod 1.6.2/1.5.2/1.5.1 Installation
- Backup minecraft and any saves you don’t want corrupted. (Suggested)
- Start with a fresh, new installation of Minecraft. (May not be necessary.)
- Open minecraft.jar and the BigTrees zip file with an appropriate archiver.
- Copy all *.class files directly from BigTrees zip to minecraft.jar.
- Delete the folder “META-INF” in minecraft.jar.
- If you want to be able to change the configuration, copy kbigtrees.txt to the ‘.minecraft’ folder.
- Play Minecraft!
(Installing the server version to minecraft-server.jar is similar, only do not delete META-INF.)
(For the server version, copy ‘kbigtrees.txt’ to the folder minecraft-server.jar is in.)
Big Trees Mod 1.6.2/1.5.2/1.5.1 Download Link
Changelogs and Updates:
- Updated to Minecraft 1.6.2.
- Now loads config file from “config” directory like most other mods do.
- Corrected Forge version loading config files from wrong directory.
- Includes Forge version. To install the Forge version, first install Forge into minecraft.jar, then install BigTrees-152-forge into minecraft.jar. DO NOT put BigTrees-152-forge.zip into the “mods” folder. Thank you for your cooperation.
Credits and big thanks to Karob.
Category: Minecraft Mods