BackPacks Mod is a mod where you can adds the ability to have a portable inventory chest, allowing you to carry a lot more items. This is a rewrite of MigthyPorks Backpack Mod. Unfortunately he no longer supports this mod. But he put all his code to the net so others can resurrect it. his is nearly a 100% rewrite of the old mod because the old code was extremely dirty and this is a version for Minecraft Forge.
How to Craft Backpack
- Leather around the crafting grid (like chest)
- Dye in the middle -> coloured backpack
- Diamond in the middle -> magic backpack (safe & secure inventory)
- You can craft as many backpacks as you wish.
- Backpacks can’t be stored in each other.
- In SMP, players can use backpacks. Contents won’t be lost, and even the names will be preserved. Its really safe.
- Note: backpacks held by other players look always white.
- It is a bug, but in Minecraft itself.
How to use backpack
- Right click to open it’s inventory.
- Use backpacks as chests, it is almost the same.
- Right click backpack while sneaking to rename it.
- (Hold shift to sneak!)
Magic Backpack – what is it?
- Crafting: leather around, diamond in the middle
- All your magic backpacks share the same inventory
- Epic as storage for the most precious things (diamonds, gold, iron, spare tools etc.)
- When you die (fall into lava, for example) and Magic Backpack is destroyed or despawns, just craft it again!
- All contents will be preserved, nothing will be lost.
- In SMP, players can share the same item, and each player will get his own Magic Backpack inventory. This is 100% safe.
BackPacks Mod Installation
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge if you haven’t done it yet
- Download Backpacks Mod from the vanilla section
- Put the zip in you mods folder (don’t extract it! Leave the zip as it)
- Done and Play
- Server requires ONLY ModLoaderMP!
- Do not delete META-INF in minecraft_server.jar! It’s important!
- Installation – insert ModLoaderMP files and files of this mod into minecraft_server.jar.
- Clients need a Client version of this mod to connect to a modded server.
BackPacks Mod Download Link
For MC 1.7.10 : BackPacks Mod 1.7.10
For MC 1.7.2 : BackPacks Mod 1.7.2
For MC 1.6.4 : backpack-1.21.24-1.6.x.zip
For MC 1.6.2 : backpack-1.18.17-1.6.2.zip
For MC 1.5.2 : backpack-1.8.9-1.5.2.zip
For MC 1.5.1 : backpack-1.7.8-1.5.1.zip
- Updated to Minecraft 1.7.10/1.7.2
Credits to Eydamos.
Category: Minecraft Mods